All the Small things

Leave a Comment
I have been MIA for a while just due to being busy, getting out of the habit, loosing a camera and just being a bit slack. Consequently it took me a while to work out how to get back into the habit of posting and I decided that it was probably best to start with a few of my favourite recent discoveries from my hiatus.

I have recently added to my breton top collection this top from People Tree. For those that don't know it is an ethical fashion company producing sustainable and fair trade clothing that remains fashionable. The Libby Breton top comes in three colours brown, red and blue stripe and is made from a substantial cotton which falls beautifully. The dropped shoulder sleeve and pocket keep it interesting and the loose fit makes it perfect to wear with skinny jeans.

Talking of which I have currently discovered ASOS Ridley high waisted skinny jeans which are stretchy slimming and offer a little knee cleavage for those who are little fed up of completely bundling up in the cold. Traditionally I am a low waisted skinny jean girl but the high waist on these jeans is surprisingly flattering and make my legs look like they go on forever particularly when teamed with ankle boots. The added bonus of the high waist is that in the stormy winds I have managed to escape the uncomfortable back breeze when your top rides up.

This winter everyone and their mother seemed to end up buying the camel check scarf by Zara and whilst I was sorely tempted I ended up selecting this alternative. It is pretty much a blanket in size and comfort and I lusted after it for ages before I succumbed to its charms.  So soft you feel like you are having a hug and at £19.99 it looks much more expensive than its price tag.

With all this covering up my poor skin is feeling a little abused so I have indulged in some treats to give a helping hand. Clinique sparkling body scrub is not cheap at £18.50 but it's minty zingy fragrance and gritty texture works miracles in sloughing off dead rough skin. I try and mix it up by using scrubbing mitts to exfoliate when I have a quick shower and using the scrub for a deep weekly slough off.

When my skin needs particular attention, I slather on Clinique deep comfort body lotion which soaks in perfectly and is partially fragrance free so it does not detract from my perfume. Rich and creamy it is similar to Keihl's  cult creme de crops but at £27 for 400ml it is a cheaper. (Smaller tube shown)

However for those days where you are on the run Vaseline's new Spray and go lotion has revolutionised my morning routine as it does exactly what it says on the can. A quick spray and wipe and you are ready to throw on tights and other layers before heading out to the wilds. The only issue I have with it is the scent which doesn't harmonise well with the perfumes I wear but would probably go better with more citrusy scents.

Just after christmas I went to the Bobbi Brown store in Shepherds Bush Westfield for a makeover. I have always rated the gel eyeliners and I was talked into trying the Ivy shimmer which has the effect of making my eyes appear greener and making me look a bit more awake. I also bought the Shimmer Brick in Rose which whilst it looks scary in the pot but creates a dewy sheen of healthiness to my pale skin especially when swept over a pale pink blusher.

I went to Thailand in November and made the mistake of having my hair dyed just before I went, Consequently my hair came back significantly lighter than when I went away and in the English November light a little brassy. I started using Bleach London's Silver range consisting of a blue toned shampoo and conditioner every 2/3 hair washes to reduce some of the yellow tones. Whilst my hair is not "blond" my highlights need a little help and these products vanish any hint of a yellow tone.

Wasabi finally arrived in Leeds and I am so happy. One of the things I miss about my home town of London is the variety of food available and whilst Leeds has a thriving community of independent eateries I do miss chains such as apostrophe and Eat who do not seem to venture further north than the M25.

Keep an eye on Leeds Pop up who organise and promote pop up events going on not just in Leeds but also the North generally. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig