Mrs Miller's lunch challenge

Leave a Comment
I have a confession, whilst I love cooking lunch often leaves me stumped. Whilst in Nottingham I confessed to my friend the regularity with which I buy my lunch as she challenged me to spend a week making a home made lunch.  In the hope of inspiring you here are the meals I made and where you can find the recipes.

Day 1
Homemade lemonade, sweetcorn, broad bean and spring onion fritters (made using the recipe for sweetcorn and broad bean fritters from Honestly Healthy) with sweet tomatoe tabbouleh (Honestly Healthy).

Day 2
Grilled aubergine salad (using Hugh Fernley Whittingstall's recipe for ), revitalised thins and cherries.

Day 3
Vegetable and Edam cheese omelette (I used asparagus, peas, spinach, tomato, red onion and left over grilled aubergine from the previous day) olives with cherries.

Day 4
Asian dressed rice, chickpea, pea and cashew salad with cherries. For the Thai dressing I used mirim, rice vinegar, red chili oil, lemon, spring onions and lemongrass.

Day 5
Failure day. I ended up going to boots and spending my boots points.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig