Bank Holiday in shots

Leave a Comment
I really meant to take lots of photos last weekend and share my adventures but I had too much fun and sort of forgot my camera in the process.  So instead I thought I would share the very edited pictures that did manage to be taken.

My friend Jane moved to Durham in September and I have been promising to catch up with her so I headed on the train on the Bank holiday Saturday to see her new home.

Jane is truley inspirational and the reason that she is in Durham is that has started on the process of training to become a vicar. 

I am fairly familar with Durham as I exploited the law library near Castle when researching my dissertation. That said it has been sometime since I was last there and I was exited to catch up and explore the city again. 

Built on seven hills Durham's architecture is pierced by the River Wear upon which it's 11th century castle and Norman cathedral reside above. 

Scenic and dripping in history and acedemia the town and surrounding area is littered with university buildings. True to form this weekend I took one photo of the architecture. 

We headed to Leonard's coffee house for brunch and flat whites, meandered through the town looking in on the cathedral before heading to Jane's for tea and popcorn. 

Sunday started with a trip to Primo in the Corn Exchange for Hotdogs having arrived too late for pancakes. 

Chores followed as I was hosting a girls wine and face pack night. Road testing these creations from Boots whilst eating Krispy Kremes, popcorn and Oreo's. 

Monday involved a short journey across to York which resulted in a lot more food as we ate leftover doughnuts in the museum gardens. 



A wonder round the minster followed by drinks on the river

perambulate down the shambles with a naughty pie shop

Before grabbing lunch and heading back to Leeds. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig