What is in a name ....

Leave a Comment
I change the blog name recently from Life as Amy sees it to Absurd Certainty.

He ran into a burning ring of Fire

The original name came at a time when I was posting a photo a day on facebook as a challenge set by a friend who did it the previous year. 

(Celebratory drinks) 

The thing about taking a photo a day is that it is a snapshot of a day. There were days where trying to find a picture to take was a struggle and others where editing it down to one image felt impossible. 

(Present stockpiling for friends) 

I also found that everyone felt like they knew exactly what was going on in my life when in fact they only got an image and life is so much more than that. 


It was about that time that I started blogging sharing more of the things I saw and enjoyed in life than could be captured in an image. 

(A heron in Isabella plantations)

However I found that the name no longer truely fits the way I feel that the blog is heading. So I have renamed it. 

(View out of a tuk tuk in Chaing Mai when the road became a river)

Absurd Certainty is a concept stolen from one of my favourite quotes by Voltaire. There is more than one translation but the essence is this "doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."

(Snowman in granary wharf) 

Whilst I will continue writing about the things I get up to and enjoy I wanted to write more about issues and topics that take my interest and I am hoping that the name change will encourage that. 

(Whizzing through London to make the train)

By the way the photos featured are from my year of photo a day to give you a glimpse as to the inspiration behind the blog. 

(German Christmas Market)

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig