My Leeds Address Book part 2

Leave a Comment
Just to make things clear I do not just go out for drinks. I also eat out a lot with friends.

There are so many options to choose from so these are the places where I gather with friends and I will do a dinner date follow up. 


Pancakes:
Perfect for meeting up with a friend to deconstruct the night before, pancakes at Mrs Atha's are served with maple syrup, blueberries and pomegranate so you can fool yourself into believing that you are being healthy. 


Fry up:
Sometimes a fry up is all you need and Riveresque on Bridge Street is accustom to serving the hungover of Leeds. I love the fact that they are more than willing to make my patent pending veggie sausage and hash brown sandwich without raising an eyebrow. A special note for meat eaters I am told that the Greedy Pig on North Street does the best fry up but be warned it's not open on a Sunday. 

Brunch: 
The Belgrave Music Hall and Canteen regularly plays host to Sunday Brunches organised by Laynes Expresso and Greedy Pig. Each is different and a must for the foodies out there. They run from 11 until 3 and the bar is open to those wanting to add a tipple to the proceedings. You need to keep an eye out on their facebook pages rather than the main websites to be in the know. Ps it is telling that there is no photo as the food is too good to waste time on a picture. 


Hot Dogs: 
Primo in the Corn Exchange has brought the deluxe hot dog to Leeds shores. They even cater for the veggies out there with The Garden State tofu chili hotdog which comes with three topping of your choice. Loaded these beasts are dining at its most impolite but boy is it worth it. As a side note if you've ever thought to host an American party this is the only place in England that I have discovered that sells the plastic cups you see in all Amercan High School movies. 


Tapas: 
For me Ambiente Tapas Bar and Resturaunt beats all the other tapas places in Leeds. I have previously posted about it. The food is exiting and there is a good mix if traditional (Manchago cheese with Quince jam and patas bravas) with unusual (risotto balls, black bean burgers). The only aspect that I don't really understand is that servings are for 3 people. 


Cheeseboard: 
My idea of heaven is a glass of red wine and cheese board for a lazy catch up with friends. I can not decide between Mrs Atha's and Friends of Ham as both boast impressive selections, served with crackers an bread and a chutney or two.


Sushi:
L loves sushi so heading to Yo Sushi has become one of our things. My top tips are to head to Blue Mondays when it's £2.50 for selected dishes or Sundays at the Harvey Nicks branch for 10 plates for £20. 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig