Skin Food Smoothie

Leave a Comment
Everyone seems to be on the smoothie bandwagon these days and since I have fallen out of love with my usual breakfast of marmite on toast I thought I would resurrect an old favourite. 

My aim with smoothies is to try and include as many colours in the vegetables and fruits as possible to get as many types of nutrients and possible. 

I call this my skin food smoothie as it is filled with ingredients that are suppose to bring out the best in your skin. 

With omega-3 oils for hydration (particularly important for the vegetarians out there), beta carotene for smoother skin and ellagic acid for skin firming. This smoothie comes in at about 192 calories depending upon the size of your measuring cup. 

 Makes 1 smoothie

Ingredients 
2tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of blue berries
1 cup of spinach 
1 cup coconut water 

Put all the ingredients in a blender whizz it up into a smoothie consistency and serve. 

Top tips
You can use froozen berries for a chilled smoothie plus you tend to get more for your money and they don't need to be in season. 
You can add the contents of a probiotic capsule for added digestive help. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig