Gomshall Mill

Leave a Comment
Surrey is littered with twee little villages that look like they were part of the film set of the Holiday. Over the years my mother has taken us on various tours of the Surrey/Kent area finding nooks and crannies to take us to.


One of her favourite locations is Gomshall Mill which is where my brother Chris, my Mum, my grandfather and I went to on the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Yes those are old stocks outside. 


The pub comes with the soundtrack of running water as the converted mill dating back to Medival times is still operational with the River Tillingbourne continuing to run underneath.


The weather was beautiful but there was a bite in the air so we sat inside by the bar which has all of the paraphernalia you expect from and old world pub in deepest darkest Surrey. 


Chris was all too happy to have his photo taken. 


Mum was much happier. 


We ordered cream teas, which came in a respectable tea pot and cups with mini shortbreads. The shortbreads melted into a crumbly goodness in your mouth. 


Then the main even arrived the scones with pots of raspberry jam and enough clotted cream to keep even Chris happy. 



Chris and I snuck into the resturaunt before leaving to take photos of the mill in action. 


All in all it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon and you can even take your dogs along if you want. Like these two, who stayed at home this time. 


However after three weeks of cream tea/afternoon tea in a row I think I need a break from a scone. However I have just made plans with my sister-in-law and mum for afternoon tea in June! 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig