To Mayfair we go

Leave a Comment
Last weekend I headed down to London again for a catch up with J. I have to confess I was completely lazy and left all the planning to her.

She booked us into The Chesterfield in Mayfair for afternoon tea. The Chesterfield could not be more different to the Sanderson's Mad Hatter Tea or the Tetley's understated afair. Instead it is about as old school as it gets. 

The lobby is a place of marble and gilt where your coats are taken to the cloak room before you enter the Butler's restaurant at the rear.  

You are provided with your menu from which you have your pick of teas and champagne. 
                        

We went for the Rose champagne and I picked the Earl Grey. 
       

They kindly made me a plate of my own vegetarian sandwiches (which they placed I front of me). Which for the record were the best range of vegetarian sandwiches I have discovered at a cream tea including not only the traditional cucumber and egg but also roasted vegetable with pesto and chedder and chutney. 
     

In respect of the scones there was your traditional version but also a chocolate chip variety. 
                                 

And the sweets well as you will see there was a layer of sweets with one each of the many varieties including; popcorn merringe lollipop (my favourite), blueberry, carotcake cupcake, mini eclaire, fruit tart and many more. 

If you wanted any more of a particular sandwich, tea or sweet you simply had to  ask and it would be brought over in the block of an eye. The service was immaculate and the food delishous. They even made us a doggy bag of the items that out eyes had been too big for our stomachs to finish. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig