Making Scents of it all

Leave a Comment
"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting" Christian Dior

The other day in Edinburgh the Boy came into our hotel room and announced that when he had been in the bath he had seen a bottle on the side assumed it was from the hotel and sniffed. He then thought to himself ah that's what Amy smells like. 

When I turned 29 I sat down and wrote two lists one looking back at the things I had achieved and another seting down a list of things to achieve over the next year. One of the items was to find a signature purfume. Which ended up being the Bottle that the Boy sniffed. 

The story of my scent begins with my trip to Nottingham last year to visit RM. Whilst we were out and about wandering the streets RM decided to pop into Boots for a new bottle of purfume. We tested and unfortunately I also tasted a few concoctions before she settled on her purchase. I however struggled finding that the jasmine (my normal note of preference) based purfumes smelt too saccharine for my taste or too darkly powerful for everyday wear. 

We contemplated what to do next before Wandering into the Jo Malone shop. I have adored Jo Malone ever since a work client event where Pomegranate Noir and Blue agava and cacao where layered and massaged onto my arms. 

RM and I played and sprayed and generally were a bit silly before I settled upon Peony and Blush Suede cologne. Fresh but warm, sweet but with a hint of musk and feminine it just felt right. 


I have now been wearing this purfume since October last year and it still feels fresh but as the Boy, who has only known me since the end of November will tell you it now smells just like me. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig