Dishing in Dish

Leave a Comment
"I'm only a beer teetotaller, I am not a champagne teetotaller. I do not like beer " George Bernard Shaw

For me May is a slightly odd month. If you are arround no one else is but when you go away everyone else is back. I blame the bank holidays! 

Between my weekend in Edinburgh and Lydia's week in Rome we were due a catch up so we hot footed it to Dish on Boar Lane to dish our gossip. 

The resturaunt downstairs is perfect for groups of friends gathering for celebrations but the bar didn't really somewhere I have considered hanging out before. 

Well they are looking to overhaul that and have hired a new head barman, Jamie. He treated us to a sneak peak of the new cocktail menu which will launch as soon as the menu's arrive from the printers. 

We told him our liquor of choice and whether we liked sweet, sharp or cirtrusy flavours. From which he created a concoction to make even the most sceptical drawl. I picked gin whilst Lydia went for ameretto. 

I am afraid I can not recall all of the names of the cocktails but look how pretty they are. 

Duchess Trevlyn 

This was my favourite. A mixture of gins, floral and botanical elements and apple juice. 


Eventually we rolled ourselves home. 

The new cocktail menu is launching in July so keep an eye out for the launch night. 

Photo of the rum punch curtsy of Lydia's twitter feed. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig