National Burger Day

Leave a Comment

Today is national burger day in the UK and I thought I would share with you how I decided to celebrate at home.

Although I don't eat meat I do love a good veggie burger, but so often they go wrong, too dry or let's be frank so dull and lacking flavour that you really might as well be eating salted cardboard.

Veggie burgers are not the simplest of things to make especially if your blender as a small accident like mine but I cannot recommend the honestly healthy spicy bean burger recipe enough. It is flavoursome, can be mashed with a fork and satisfies even the most anti vegetarian palates. Unfortunately this recipe is not online but the website does have a few free recipes available such as the halloumi and carrot patties if you want to try an alternative.

Normally I would eat them with a serving of spicy sweet potato wedges and sweet salsa but when it's national burger day you need to go big.

I toped my burger with Swiss cheese, avocado and the much aligned beet root for a tart edge.

On the side I threw in some onion rights and spicy wedges (coat in a light spray of oil and roll in paprika, chilli pepper and pepper to recreate).

How would you mix up your burger?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig