Web Inspiration: Apartment Therapy's Style challenge

Leave a Comment
There are a number of websites that I trawl for inspiration and Apartment Therapy, which is American based, is one such website.

During August they are running a Style challenge to help you refresh the style of one (or all) of your rooms. Whilst I rent and therefore there is a limited amount that I can do to change the style of my flat , my bedroom could do with something, so I thought I would sign up o the challenge and see if I can give my room a little something else.

The first day requires you to make an assessment of your taste using their quiz. I'm not going to replicate the quiz as you can check it out here but I will share the outcome of my analysis.

My analysis
Personal Style - questions 1&2
My answers are fairly eclectic but tend towards classic with a an edge or a twist. My influences all have a little something unexpected or was innovative at its time. Experiences seem to feature heavily in my personal taste with my answers being related to specific memories.

What I find pleasing- questions 3&5
These showed me that sociability and a welcoming atmosphere are important with little touches. I found it interesting that the two rooms I picked were very uncluttered but lived in and allowed for movement. One element that was present was warm dark wood and neutral walls and a focus upon natural materials in unusual ways.

Aspirations- questions 4&6
These questions point to a welcoming, elegantly comfortable space which allows me to display mementos.

So why not take up the challenge if nothing else it's a useful tool to make you actively think about the space you inhabit. I will be making a pintrest board to help me identify my influences. What are your inspirations?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig