Grazia Beauty Parlour

Leave a Comment
Last week R and I had a eye masterclass at the Lancôme counter at Harvey Nichols and whilst there we bought tickets to the Grazia Beauty Parlour event that was hosted last night. The tickets were £10 redeemable against purchases. In honest truth I was lured by the Proseco  and free tote bag and since Harvey nicks are always liberal with the drinks you make back your ticket price on the drinks alone. H also joined us for the potions and lotions event.

There were a number of talks hosted by the various brands and a Q&A session hosted by a Grazia beauty editor. We dabbled in and out several different stands tried on the ridiculous sunglasses. Whilst trying to be silly I discovered that the best sunglasses I have ever tried on are Tiffany Sunglasses. Who knew Tiffany did sunglasses?

We entered into the Prize draw which involved customising your own Fifi Lapin outline. I struggled to get hold of a felt tip so I raided my bag and customised her with liquid eyeliner and cheek and lip stain. I did eventually get hold of the pink and red pens and my Fifi had two tone lips. Sorry by I forgot to take photos as I was too excited to enter.

So what did we buy? R got a 7 day sampler of Yves Saint Laurent's most recent foundation. As a fellow pale skinned individual she struggles to find a good colour match and has been an advocate of Yves saint Laurent range of colours the whole time I've known her. She also bought their new doll eyes mascara. As soon as the assistant applied this to her lashes it looked like they had doubled in length, it was truly amazing.

I went back to Lancôme to buy the Blush Subtil palette in Nectar Lace, that had been used on me a week previously. It is part of a compact which includes a highlighter and contour colour (aka posh for bronzed) and comes in two colours; Rose Flush and Nectar Lace.  Whilst I will probably not use the bronzed the blusher is a sparkly coral that I would never have thought to wear myself but somehow it makes me look more alive. I may need to get over my irrational fear of the beauty counter ladies and start actually taking their advice as everyone has told me today that I look really healthy. I also bought some eye make up remover and got a free gift bag designed by Jenny Packman filled with goodies.

H invested in a Nails inc varnish in Chinatown which is a ballsy iridescent pink paint her toes and a neutral chubby stick in Whole lotta honey from Clinique. She considered their intense Mighrstest  maraschino but decided it wasn't really work appropriate. If you are a fan of Nails Inc selected nail varnishes are currently 3 for £22.

H and R also posed as Fifi Lapin before we left and made our way for a drink at the Mavern.

As we left were given our free tote bags designed by you guessed it Fifi Lapin stuffed with free samples and a copy of Grazia. Mine included purfume samples from pacco rabane, Vivienne Westwood, Chloe, Serge Lutens and Roberto Cavalli. There were also skincare samples from Eve Lom, Dermalogica and Espa.






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig