The Facial Kit/added extras part 2; skincare

Leave a Comment
Everyone has a skin off day and the basic facial should be tailored to respond to those concerns. Here are a few of the tips I have picked up to solve some of those days that are sent to try us.

Puffy Eyes
Whenever I get a cold or hay fever it seems to settle in my eyes and consequently I get puffy eyes so I have discovered a few tricks.
  • Grate a cucumber wrap it in muslin and apply to closed eyes and rest for a few minutes. 
  • During they hay fever season I make sure that I have eye drops on hand and I keep my eye cream in the fridge for an added cooling boost. 
  • Removing your make up at night and regularly replacing mascara also reduces the risk of infection and dried mascara getting into your eyes. 
Spots
Everyone gets the occasional spots even those of us with dry skin. If I get a flare up I make sure that I generally exfoliate my skin so that my pores don't get blocked up further. But my real tip is to get a liquid tablet of ibuprofen pierce it and with a cotton bud apply the liquid onto the inflamed spot. This will help reduce the inflammation. 

Blackheads
Apparently these are a result of dirt getting trapped in large pores an oxidising- yuck! So the aim is to remove the blockage and prevent it happening in the future.

 Face strips are the most effective home method I have come across and Biore are the best of the best. Superdrug and Boots do their own version but they are not as efficient in my personal opinion. Just damp your skin apply and allow the strip to harden, it should feel as if paper mâché has dried on your face. Then swiftly remove in a single motion and marvel at the tiny black hair like blockages sticking up from the surface.

As for preventing it in the future there are a lot of products that claim to reduce pores but I think the best approach is to try and clear the gunk by steaming, cleansing and exfoliating.

Dull Skin
When your skin just looks a bit meh facial oil is your friend (a long with 8 hours sleep nightly). Massage into your face before sleep in an upward motion before letting it soak in as you sleep. If your skin is really dry you can always add a moisturising mask on top for an extra boost.

If you are still struggling fake it! I am not a fake tan advocate; there was once a flaking oompa loompa orangutan moment in the blue lagoon in Iceland when I was sixteen that should have put me off for life. Unfortunately I did not learn and there were several streaky bacon attempts in Uni which definitely did put me off. There are however different ways to fake it, radiance boosting primers like Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Primer or L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer worn under make up or alone are candlelight for the skin. I also use the LOreal primer as a highlighter were the light would naturally touch your face.

If you are a foundation girl look at luminizing foundations and colour correcting creams. But the best way to look instantly healthy is to use a rosy blush to bring a flush to your cheeks. The optimal word here is rosy; peach, apricot and bronzed shades will not have the healthy glow effect that energising pinks and reds do. I would also avoid powdery consistencies and opt for something that will melt into your skin such as a cream or stain. I like Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain which I got free with a magazine and Maybelline Dream Soft Blush in Berry.

Chapped lips
In winter my lips react by drying out and cracking so that they resemble a smashed window frame. With this the old tips are the best I use one of my old tooth brush heads a slather of Vaseline and some elbow grease to buff away the dry skin leaving behind soft lips.
I then apply either lip balm or coloured balm. Currently I love Clinque Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in Chunky Cherry and Woopin Watermelon as the are subtle enough to wear to work but make my lips feel amazing. Clinique now does an intense range which has more of a colour punch if these are too subtle for your tastes . Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter gives a shimmery intensely moisturised balm that leaves your lips soft. My personal favourites are Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake which are better than neutral. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig